Thursday, June 27, 2013

Warsaw airport

Yitzi and I are sitting in the Warsaw airport at an Internet port waiting for our connecting flight to Krakow.  I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. I think when most of us think of Poland, we think of a colorless, backwater place, dreary and somewhat  dismal with a few horse and buggies thrown in for ambience.  Not a place where you can wile away the three hour layover wait trying on every luxury (read: expensive) perfume ever created while drinking a superb cappuccino...

While standing in the long line for passport control, Yitzi and I both noticed that the ponytail-wearing customs official either got up on the wrong side of the bed or was naturally a person who was loathe to crack a smile.  She didn't seem that eager to allow all these exhausted foreigners into her country... And I couldn't help but wonder what her grandfather was doing 75 years ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment